Cristina Nuñez’s first training for facilitators was held in 2012 in Milan. Since then she has trained 30 facilitators, and many others are interested in using SPEX with others. Some of the 30 are part of the SPEX team, have a look at the Facilitators section.
To access the training it is necessary to have experimented the complete SPEX method on oneself (in an online or live workshop), carrying out the complete workshop, having concluded the autobiographical project. Cristina will evaluate the candidate’s suitability.
The training can be followed individually or in our group workshops, both live and online.
Route in live group workshops
Four intensive weekends and work to be done in the online platform, a process in which you learn how to apply the SPEX method on other people. The weekends are held 1 month or 1 and a half apart.
Each participant will have to carry out at least two workshops with a group of their choice: an introductory workshop and a full workshop, both in groups. One of these workshops must be carried out in the social dimension (prison, mental health, adolescence in difficulty, drug addiction, disabled, elderly).
- First weekend: discussions on the theory, philosophy and practice of the method. The participants conduct individual self-portrait sessions among themselves, and start planning the workshops they will carry out in the coming months.
- Work on the e-learning platform: participants start uploading the images produced during their workshops and describing the process, any problems they found and how they felt during the work. The group works on perception of the images, make comments on the process, under Cristina’s supervision.
- Second weekend: internship in prison.
- Work on the e-learning platform: participants continue to upload the images produced during their workshops and describing the process, any problems they found and how they felt during the work. The group works on perception of the images, make comments on the process, under Cristina’s supervision.
- Third weekend: group work on the work produced by the facilitators during their workshops.
- Fourth and last intensive weekend: group work on the work produced by the facilitators during their workshops. Discussion and index of the thesis.
After the last weekend, participants will continue their workshops if not finished, and work on the final thesis (6 months-1 year). After the discussion of the the thesis, Cristina will evaluate the work done and, if she thinks the facilitator is ready, she will deliver the SPEX facilitator certificate of qualification to the method, with the evaluation of methodological and artistic excellence. It is possible that further work may be necessary to obtain the certificate.
The cost of the training for facilitators is 1500 euros per person, including the follow-up in the thesis and the certificate.
Online group path
Before the Covid-19 pandemic, we felt it was absolutely necessary to have live sessions with Cristina during the workshop, both for the collaborative self-portrait sessions and for the workshop in prison. But the pandemic has brought us to believe that we must adapt and make the training available now, and for people who live in other continents. We are currently finding ways to propose an intense experience in our online workshops.
The programme and contents of the training are the same as in the live workshops, but all the work is done in the online platform and using video-documentation of the workshops, video-calls on Zoom.
At least 10 individual sessions are required, at least 4 of them in Skype/Zoom, the facilitator sending the material to Cristina. In addition, you will need an internship of at least one live weekend during one of Cristina’s workshops in the social dimension.
The cost per hour is 140 euros per hour. There are discounts for the purchase of “packs” of 5-10-15 sessions.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org