Frequently Asked Questions about the complete online workshops
How does the online course work?
- you will read the self-portrait exercises, methodology and criteria of perception, and get inspiration from the image galleries
- you will produce, select and upload your own work to your photo galleries
- you will learn to work on the multiple perceptions and choice of the images
- you will get comments from other participants and myself, and comment on other participants’ pictures
- you will learn to make images dialogue with each other, build sequences and your autobiographical project.
- You’ll be able to connect with other participants and myself in the chat room, private messaging and the forum.
How long does the complete workshop last?
Three months, one month for each part (ME, ME AND THE OTHER, ME AND THE WORLD).
How much time a week should I spend on the course?
You should dedicate at least three hours per week to produce pictures, read materials and comment on others’ images. The best is 4-5 hours per week.
Can I get a certificate for these courses?
Do I need to have notions of photography technique?
What kind of equipment do I need?
The best is an SLR camera and a tripod, but you can also work using a Smartphone and a small tripod or selfie stick. You will need a PC and internet connection to use the platform.
Is there an age limit?
You can participate if you are over 18 years old. There might be nudity in the images.
Is SPEX therapy?
No, it’s not therapy, it is a “self-therapeutic” tool”. SPEX can be challenging emotionally, so you might feel the need of a professional therapist to make sense of what you are going through.
Can I do this course if I have mental health issues?
You should ask your therapist about this. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I would like to follow the training for facilitators. Can I do that after the complete workshop?
After the course I will evaluate your process before giving you access to the facilitator training. You will need to do a live session with me in person.
Can I pay with bank transfer?
Yes, contact us at email@example.com and once we receive your payment we can enrol you manually.
Who will see my photographs?
Only the workshop participants and myself, nobody else can have access to the workshop. They will be able to download them in order to suggest image dialogues but they cannot show them to anybody and they must delete them after the workshop.